Problem trying to compile in VS2010 when using the extended bootstrapper application

Oct 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I've referenced WixBalExtensionExt in my bootstrapper project and am getting the following compiler error:

------ Build started: Project: Bootstrapper, Configuration: Release x86 ------ C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\candle.exe -v -wx -dCompressAll=yes -d"DevEnvDir=c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\\" -dSolutionDir=C:\projects\NeoData\ -dSolutionExt=.sln -dSolutionFileName=NeoData.sln -dSolutionName=NeoData -dSolutionPath=C:\projects\NeoData\NeoData.sln -dConfiguration=Release -dOutDir=..\ProductDir\ -dPlatform=x86 -dProjectDir=C:\projects\NeoData\Bootstrapper\ -dProjectExt=.wixproj -dProjectFileName=Bootstrapper.wixproj -dProjectName=Bootstrapper -dProjectPath=C:\projects\NeoData\Bootstrapper\Bootstrapper.wixproj -dTargetDir=C:\projects\NeoData\ProductDir\ -dTargetExt=.exe -dTargetFileName=NeoDataInstaller.exe -dTargetName=NeoDataInstaller -dTargetPath=C:\projects\NeoData\ProductDir\NeoDataInstaller.exe -out obj\Release\ -arch x86 -ext "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\\WixBalExtension.dll" -ext ..\WixBalExtensionExt\WixBalExtensionExt.dll -ext "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\\WixUtilExtension.dll" -ext "C:\Program Files (x86)\WiX Toolset v3.6\bin\\WixNetFxExtension.dll" Bundle.wxscandle.exe(0,0): error CNDL0125: The extension 'Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Extensions.BalCompiler' uses the same xml schema namespace, 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/wix/BalExtension', as previously loaded extension 'Microsoft.Tools.WindowsInstallerXml.Extensions.BalCompiler'.  Please either remove one of the extensions or rename the xml schema namespace to avoid the collision.========== Build: 0 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Any ideas on how to avoid the namespace collision?

Coordinator
Oct 17, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Is there are reason why  you are referencing both BalExtension and BalExtensionExt? I should probably have made the namespaces different but I couldn't think of a good reason to reference both so didn't think it was necessary.