How to suppress Options button?

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Hi Neil,

I am using your extended BA and using this:

<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense"/>    <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseRtf" Value="$(var.resourcePath)\TMC_EULA_Text.rtf" />    <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLogo" Value="$(var.resourcePath)\logo.png" />

<WixVariable Id="WixExtbaOptions" Value="1" />

but the options button is still showing...

do you have any other documents on other variables

thanks,

Steve

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2013 at 8:34 PM

If you take a look at the example Bundle7.wxs that show how to disable the options button, e.g.:

<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense">     
  <bal:WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication SuppressOptionsUI="yes" LicenseUrl="" />   
</BootstrapperApplicationRef>

There are two others, SuppressDowngradeFailure and SuppressRepair; the context help in VS should show the details.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Sweet! Thanks Neil…

Can you add text and a checkbox to launch an app at the setup complete dialog?

Hmm the context help didn’t show anything… I am using VS 2010

Here is what I have now:
<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.RtfLicense">

<bal:WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication SuppressOptionsUI="yes" LicenseFile="$(var.resourcePath)\TMC_EULA_Text.rtf" />

<WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLogo" Value="$(var.resourcePath)\logo.png" />

Steve

Sent: January-30-13 3:35 PM
To: Steven Ogilvie
Subject: Re: How to suppress Options button? [wixextba:431444]

If you take a look at the example Bundle7.wxs that show how to disable the options button, e.g.:

<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense">     
  <bal:WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication SuppressOptionsUI="yes" LicenseUrl="" />   

There are two others, SuppressDowngradeFailure and SuppressRepair; the context help in VS should show the details.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM

You can't have a checkbox but you can have a launch button displayed:

<Variable Name="LaunchTarget" Type="string" Value="[InstallFolder]\MyAppI.exe" />

(This is part of the standard BA so is also supported but the extended BA.)

It looks like I have messed up the context help - I'll see if I can get it working.