Localized license.htm

Apr 30, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Hi,

I have the following... problem is that on a Japanese OS (or /lang 1041), the English license.htm is displayed (the WXL localization works fine though)

I've checked the ba temp folder and the correct license.htm is in the 1041 folder... but it's not displayed..

Any ideas?

Thanks,
  <BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense" >
    <Payload Id="lic-en_US" Name="1033\license.htm" SourceFile="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\license.htm" />
    <Payload Id="lic-ja_JP" Name="1041\license.htm" SourceFile="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\licensej.htm" />
    <Payload Id="thm-ja_JP" Name="1041\thm.wxl" SourceFile="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\HyperlinkTheme1041.wxl" />
    <Payload Id="thm-en_US" Name="1033\thm.wxl" SourceFile="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\HyperlinkTheme1033.wxl" />
    <Payload SourceFile="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\LogoSide.png" />
  </BootstrapperApplicationRef>
  <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseUrl" Value="1033\license.htm"/>
  <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaThemeWxl" Value="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\HyperlinkTheme1033.wxl"/>
  <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaThemeXml" Value="$(var.SolutionDir)Common\HyperlinkTheme.xml"/>
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I think only the translated wxl file load automatically so what you would need to do is put the path to the license.htm in the wxl file and then reference that as your WixExtbaLicenseUrl variable. E.g.:
<WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseUrl" Value="#(loc.License)"/> 
and in your wxl add
<String Id="License">1041\license.htm</String>
Let me know if that works as I need to do this soon!
Apr 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Nice fix, and yes, it works.

Thanks,