Possible to use external HTML file with HyperLinkLicense?

Mar 20, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Is it possible to link to an html file that is NOT included as a payload?

Simply put, if I include the payload, the link works, and if I don't, it doesn't. Having the html file embedded in the installer messes up some file reference links in the page.

I also tried using Compressed="no", but the project gave a warning:

"A UX Payload ('index.html') was marked for something other than embedded packaging, possibly because it included a @DownloadUrl attribute. At present, UX Payloads must be embedded in the Bundle, so the requested packaging is being ignored."

I have this in my main .wxs file:
<Payload SourceFile="Resource\index.html" Compressed="yes" />
<WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseUrl" Value="index.html" />
and here is my hypertext link:

<Hypertext Name="EulaHyperlink" X="85" Y="211" Width="-11" Height="17" TabStop="no" FontId="3" HideWhenDisabled="no">#(loc.InstallLicenseLinkText)</Hypertext>

Here's the definition for "loc.InstallLicenseLinkText":

<String Id="InstallLicenseLinkText"><a href="#">Support Information</a></String>
Mar 21, 2014 at 3:01 AM
You know what, forget it. I finally realized that this will probably never work the way I want it to, even if I can open the html externally. The links will probably show up relative to where the installer is running, not where the index file is.
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2014 at 7:04 AM
It should work, I believe if you make the other files payload then all files will be in the same folder.
Mar 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM
I'm also trying to use a HTML file with the HyperLinkLicense but the license file won't show when clicking on the link. Here's how I've added it to the bundle.wxs:

<BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense">
  <Payload SourceFile="Resource\english.htm" Compressed="yes"/>

</BootstrapperApplicationRef>
<WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseUrl" Value="Resource\english.htm" />
Should I be changing anything else?
Coordinator
Mar 29, 2014 at 7:28 AM
You don't need the Resource path on the WixExtbaLicenseUrl variable:
    <BootstrapperApplicationRef Id="WixExtendedBootstrapperApplication.HyperlinkLicense">
      <Payload SourceFile="Resource\License.htm" Compressed="yes" />
    </BootstrapperApplicationRef>
    <WixVariable Id="WixExtbaLicenseUrl" Value="License.htm" />