Wix action from theme file

Dec 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM
I have asked question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20424917/wix-action-from-theme-file

I have started to use Wix installer toolset. I need a custom UI, so I started to use WixBalExtensionExt which has it's own custom UI that is ok for me to use.

I used the library, and it's fine, but I don't understand how the communicaton between theme file and actons is performed. So, I have a final screen:

<Page Name="Success">
<Text X="185" Y="11" Width="-11" Height="32" FontId="1" DisablePrefix="yes">#(loc.Title)</Text>
<Image X="11" Y="11" Width="165" Height="400" ImageFile="LogoSide.png"/>
<Text X="185" Y="50" Width="-11" Height="30" FontId="2" DisablePrefix="yes">#(loc.SuccessHeader)</Text>
<Checkbox Name="LaunchCheckbox" X="220" Y="200" Width="75" Height="23" TabStop="yes" FontId="0">#(loc.SuccessLaunchButton)</Checkbox>
<Text Name="SuccessRestartText" X="185" Y="-51" Width="400" Height="34" FontId="3" HideWhenDisabled="yes" DisablePrefix="yes">#(loc.SuccessRestartText)</Text>
<Button Name="SuccessRestartButton" X="-91" Y="-11" Width="75" Height="23" TabStop="yes" FontId="0" DisablePrefix="yes" HideWhenDisabled="yes">#(loc.SuccessRestartButton)</Button>
<Button Name="SuccessCancelButton" X="-11" Y="-11" Width="75" Height="23" TabStop="yes" FontId="0">#(loc.SuccessCloseButton)</Button>
And I want to Launch application when the LaunchCheckbox is checked and Close button is pressed. I tried to bind the checkbox value to the:

<Variable Name="LaunchCheckbox" Value="1" />
It works, but I don't know how to bind the action to the close button. Please help me with this, cause I cannot find any tutorials.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2013 at 5:50 PM
You would need to add a handler to WixStandardBootstrapperApplication.cpp - copying WIXSTDBA_CONTROL_OPTIONS_BUTTON is a good starting point.